Sunday, April 27, 2008

Introducing.....

TEAM THOMSON

A bit about how we came across this wonderful new hobby...
I am a scrapbooker and recently went on a scrapbooking Retreat and met a lovely lady who told me all about this fabulous 'other' hobby of hers that she shared with her husband and family called 'Geo Caching'.
She told me how she'd lived in her area for many years but through this sport she had found many places of local interest she had never before heard of.
Hmmmmm...interesting. Living in South West Sydney in a locality that is quite central to bush, beach and the city and being a family of outdoorsy types it sounded right up my alley.
So from there...the seed was planted.
Upon returning home from the scrapbooking Retreat I explained to my husband and kids about the new hobby I had heard about and how I thought it would be a real interest to us all as a family, I promptly did a Google search and found the websites needed for more information.
To cut a long story short, we borrowed my brother in laws' Garmin GPS a couple of weeks ago to 'have a taste' before outlaying money for yet another gadget we may not use but in those couple of weeks have had more fun exploring our local area than ever before!!
So we are now on the lookout for our very own GPS (Garmin preferred) to embark on an awesome new hobby involving the whole family (and there are 8 of us!!).
Here, I will post about our travels, our finds, share photos and hopefully one day soon, our hides.
Cheers
Sharryn :)

No comments: